Take a look at your nails. They could say a lot about your current state of health. So what do you look for?
Dermatologist Dr. Madhavi Kandula gives us the tell-tale signs.
Here are some things to look for:
1. Pale Nails — If your fingernail beds are looking a little ghostly, you may have anemia…could also be a sign of early diabetes or liver disease.
2. Yellowing or Thickening Yellow — characteristic of fungal infections
3. Dark Lines — Dark brown or black vertical lines on the nail bed should never be ignored,These can be a hallmark sign of melanoma
4. Pitting and Grooving Depressions — are often associated with psoriasis, an inflammatory disease that leads to scaly or red patches all over the body
5. Brittle, Thin or Lifted Nails — it could mean your thyroid is amiss
6. White Lines Stripes — Horizontal white lines that span the entire nail, are paired, and appear on more than one nail are called Muehrcke`s lines. These could be an indication of kidney disease, liver abnormalities, or a lack of protein and other nutrients
7. Blue Nails A blue face is a clear indication that someone`s lacking airflow, and blue nails mean the same thing; you`re not getting enough oxygen to your fingertips.