Juvederm Treatment in St. Louis, MO
JUVÉDERM® XC can smooth moderate to severe facial wrinkles instantly. Made of a modified hyaluronic acid, it is the top dermal filler sold in the United States. With optimal treatment, it can be used around the mouth and nose for immediate results that will last up to one year. Juvederm XC is the only FDA-approved, non-surgical hyaluronic acid (HA) filler to instantly address wrinkles.
JUVÉDERM® XC can instantly smooth areas around the nose and mouth, specifically:
- Corner lines
- Parentheses lines, also called smile lines
- Vertical lip lines
- Marionette lines
There are two basic types of wrinkles
- Static wrinkles can be caused simply by time. As time progresses substances naturally found in our skin decrease. Some of these substances, like collagen and hyaluronic acid, help to provide volume and structure, so as they decrease wrinkles can form.
- Dynamic wrinkles are caused by facial movement, expressions like smiling or frowning. When our muscles contract they can cause wrinkles over time.
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is found naturally in your skin
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is natural and gives skin volume and structure, but HA begins to decrease over time. As time passes, less HA is found in skin, which can contribute to folds and wrinkles, as well as a loss of overall volume and structure.
What exactly is JUVÉDERM® XC?
JUVÉDERM® XC is produced using proprietary HYLACROSS™ technology from a form of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is found naturally in skin; Juvederm is the first FDA approved filler to address facial wrinkles that are moderate to severe. It is non-surgical and can smooth lines instantly. Dr. Kandula can address lines around the mouth and nose, the results will be natural-looking and with optimal treatment they can last up to a year.
JUVÉDERM® XC is FDA approved.
JUVÉDERM® XC is approved for mid to deep dermis injection (it can be injected below the exterior layer of skin), to correct moderate to severe facial folds and wrinkles. It can address facial creases like those that run from the corners of your mouth to the bottom of your nose, called nasolabial folds, but also known as parentheses or smile lines.
You may be a candidate for treatment!
Talk with Dr. Kandula to see if JUVÉDERM® XC is the right treatment for you. You should not use Juvederm if you have severe allergies, or a history of allergic reactions. Juvederm is not right for you if you are allergic to the proteins that are used to make hyaluronic acid, or if you are allergic to lidocaine.
Talk to Dr. Madhavi Kandula
Be sure to tell Dr. Kandula if you have a history of pigmentation disorders or excessive scarring, or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Let Dr. Kandula know if you are taking any medications that can prolong bleeding, or if you are involved in therapy that can decrease the immune response of your body.
JUVÉDERM® XC is different!
JUVÉDERM® XC is the only FDA-approved hyaluronic acid filler that, with optimal treatment, can last up to one year.* It is uniquely manufactured using HYLACROSS technology, resulting in high concentrations of cross-linked hyaluronic acid. To ensure optimal results, all skin types were studied with all injectable gel JUVÉDERM® formulations. Occasional subjects needed up to two touch-ups to see optimal results, but most subjects attained the optimal level of correction with their first treatment.
* JUVÉDERM® XC is specified for moderate to severe wrinkle and fold correction in the United States.
How does the treatment work?
JUVÉDERM® XC is injected using a fine needle. Dr. Madhavi Kandula will inject Juvederm into the skin to fill in and smooth the treatment areas for up to one year. Juvederm is formulated to treat areas of the face with moderate to severe wrinkles, including smile and marionette lines. The procedure has instant results.
What can JUVÉDERM® XC do for me?
Juvederm has instant results that can last for up to one year with optimal treatment; most people attain optimal results with the initial treatment though some subjects needed up to two touch-ups to reach the optimal correction. Juvederm can address moderate to severe wrinkles on the face, around the nose and mouth, such as marionette or parentheses lines. Juvederm provides instant, natural looking results.
Is the treatment painful?
There may be slight discomfort during the injection or after the injection. The treatment area may also be anesthetized by Dr. Kandula to help minimize any discomfort.
JUVÉDERM® XC is a quick treatment!
The treatment can be done in a short visit to the office. You should take time before the treatment to talk with Dr. Kandula. To maintain optimal results touch-up injections are usually needed, though repeat injections typically required only half the gel.
Dr. Kandula can provide treatment with JUVAÉDERM® XC non-surgical filler.
A JUVÉDERM® XC treatment does not last forever
The treatment is temporary, but with optimal treatment it may last for up to one year. To maintain optimal results repeat injections and touch-ups are usually needed. These repeat injections require about half of the material.
There are a few possible side effects.
All skin injection procedures have a risk of infection. The most common side effects are bruising, itching, lumps or bumps, discoloration, swelling, firmness, redness, pain or tenderness. Though the side effects are not limited to the above list, most side effects last seven days or less, and are mild or moderate.
Patients with all skin colors and tones can be treated with JUVÉDERM® XC.
Juvederm has been studied in all skin types to ensure optimal results.
JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC are different products.
Talk with Dr. Kandula about Juvederm to help figure out what is the right treatment plan for you. JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC are approved to address different facial areas.
The main differences between Juvederm XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC are:
- JUVÉDERM® XC primarily addresses moderate to severe wrinkles and lines around your mouth and nose. The instant results can last for up to one year.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is formulated to add volume, lift, and contour in the cheek area for individuals over the age of 21. The results, with optimal treatment, can last for up to two years. It is the first and only FDA-approved injectable gel to instantly address volume lost due to age.
BOTOX® or JUVÉDERM® XC?
- Both JUVÉDERM® XC and BOTOX® Cosmetic address moderate to severe wrinkles and facial lines. They work differently, though they are both non-surgical. These are the main differences:
- JUVÉDERM® XC treats moderate to severe facial wrinkles for up to one year. All Juvederm gel formulations are injected directly into the skin and treat areas like those around the mouth and nose. *
- BOTOX® Cosmetic is injected below the skin to reduce muscle activity which reduces the underlying cause of moderate to severe crow’s feet and frown lines between the brows.
* JUVÉDERM® XC is approved in the United States to address and correct facial folds and wrinkles that are moderate to severe.